Access to ADRC data
UCI ADRC data are freely available to all researchers with an interest in Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions. Please click on the link below to request UCI ADRC data. In some cases, approval from the UCI Institutional Review Board (IRB) may be required before data can be sent.
Conduct of studies using ADRC data
Successful execution of a study involving ADRC data will consist of
- Identifying the scientific goals of the study
- Constructing testable hypotheses that can be addressed using existing ADRC data
- Constructing an analytic plan designed to achieve the proposed scientific goals of the study
- Determining the study variables, selecting the variables from the datasets in which they are stored, and merging the selected variables into one or more datasets for analysis
- Performing the statistical analyses of the data.
Establishing collaborations with the DMSC
Faculty and staff of the DMSC are experts in the development and application of statistical methods for the analysis of observational data and can assist researchers with the refinement of scientific hypotheses and the development of an analytic plan. In addition, database personnel and statisticians within the DMSC can work with researchers to build an appropriate analytic dataset to address their questions of interest. Researchers requesting use of ADRC data should be prepared to present their proposed study to DMSC personnel at the time of a data request and should have explored the Researcher’s Guide to have some understanding of the potential data available for their proposed study. For more information about the data and the data-request process, see the Researcher’s Guide or please contact us.
Requesting ADRC Data
Researchers may request access to ADRC data by completing the data request form provided at the link below. When requesting data, please fill out as much of the form as possible. Much of the necessary information for a data request can be obtained from the Researcher’s Guide. However, if additional assistance is required or if you would like statistical consultation please check the statistical consultation request box at the end of the form.